Saturday, July 17, 2010

Skimming the Surface

6x6 acrylic on hardboard
ready to hang
I love these birds SO much - the only time pelicans look truly graceful is when they're flying. The rest of the time they look like strange, prehistoric creatures. Watching them move around when not in the air makes you seriously doubt such an anomaly of nature even can fly - then they take off - with such grace and beauty - it's incredible.
I finally have a camera that can really capture then clearly from the shore. It's the Nikon coolpix P100 - I swear the best camera I've ever owned. It has amazing clarity even when it zooms out past the waves. It's taken me many years and many camera's - some far more expensive and heavy - to find such a great one. Life is good!

1 comment:

Tonya Bates said...

Very cool, both the painting and the subject matter.